8.00 – 9.00 AM
24 May 2019, Friday Day 1 Program
9.00 – 9.10 AM
Opening of Summit
9.10 – 9.30 AM
Welcome and Officiating Address
- Tan Sri Dr. Fong Chan Onn, Chairman of Enterprise Asia
9.30 – 10.10 AM
Session One: Change to Transformation
Change for Good and For Growth: Thriving in A Low-Carbon Future
Tackling climate change is creating a new wealth of opportunities, review the elements and models for a low-carbon future
- Advocating ambitious climate policy, internal carbon price, and framework while reinventing who they are and what they can offer
- Reviewing the direction existing markets are going, what are the opportunities for new products and services.
- Thinking long term and implementing forward-looking business strategies
10.10 – 10.40 AM
Session Two: Bridging Sectors
Impactful Coalitions: Driving Change through SDGs Implementation
The more coalitions taking place across sectors, the greater the extent towards potential actions against climate change and sustainability issues.
- Establishing coalition across sectors, especially between competitors
- Solving industry-wide sustainability problems and address priority challenges
- How can your company take the lead if you haven’t taken the dive?
10.40 – 11.00 AM
Networking Tea Break
11.00 – 11.45 AM
Panel Discussion One:
Scaling Impact for the Earth
Most public companies’ directors don’t see sustainability issues as board relevant. Many investors are making it clear that they want sustainability issues addressed and they are not satisfied with simple disclosure of climate change and want their corporate boards to embed climate change and sustainability considerations into their decision making.
- What key issues shaping the sustainability agenda should the board have on their radar this year?
- What will be the major opportunities for corporate leadership on sustainability in 2019? How should companies act on them?
- Identifying the targets should leaders set to drive actions to achieve the 2030 agenda
- Addressing climate change’s impact and risks in the long term, factoring the considerations into corporate strategy.
- Taking advantage of new opportunities embedded in the transition towards a low-carbon economy
11.45 – 12.15 AM
Session Three: Science Based Targets
Removing Emissions from Supply Chain through Science Based Targets to Reach Net Zero Business
Science-based-Targets method is fast developing into a business norm to meet the goals set out in the Paris Agreement. More companies are setting SBTs to address emissions across their supply chain to provide confidence to investors, customers, partners that your company is applying best practices.
- What are some of the different options for scope 3 targets to be applied to supply chains?
- Is reducing emissions through effective supplier engagement programmes workable?
- Case studies of innovative companies distinguishing themselves as leaders
12.15 – 12.45 AM
Session Four: Innovation
Responsible Innovation to Achieve a Low Carbon Business
Discover some of the leading innovations, smart technologies and renewables that are shifting the move towards a low carbon and sustainable business. Transitioning to a low-carbon economy is a sure way to futureproof industries and ensure sustainable economic growth.
- Knowing how corporates are taking the lead in grabbing the opportunities ESG risks provide.
- Transforming risks to opportunities
- How does circular thinking and responsible innovation come hand-in-hand?
- Reviewing data and technologies that make supply chains more transparent.
12.45 – 1.00 PM
Success Story One
1.00 – 2.00 PM
2.00 – 2.15 PM
Success Story Two
2.15 – 2.45 PM
Session Five: Circular Thinking
Pioneering Circular Practices to Reach a Green and Smarter Economy
Businesses need to make significant changes to transition to a Circular Economy and enabling it to flourish. It involves innovation and solutions, new business activities, roadmaps and most importantly, to think beyond profit.
- Motivating Multi-level Stakeholders in the Circular Economy
- Investing Into the Circular Transition
- Creative Innovation and Strategies Contributing to a Circular Business
2.45 – 3.30 PM
Panel Discussion Two:
De-Carbonising Value Chains to Reach a Net Positive and Socially Responsible Organization
Accelerating the adoption of decarbonising actions across the company. Shifting to a sustainable, socially responsible, low carbon economy to futureproof economy and planet
- What are the actions and implementations to facilitate this shift?
- Strategising large scale collaboration across the industry value chains
- Removing deforestation from your value chains
3.30 – 4.00 PM
Session Six: Climate Financing
Unlocking Capital to Finance the Sustainable Development Goals
Wealthy countries are not mobilising enough resources to help poor countries or to reach carbon neutrality which falls far short of the $100 billion that countries are supposed to be delivering annually by 2020. To reach carbon neutrality:
- Collaborations between public-private sectors to invest in ideas, businesses and technologies, to realize green investment opportunities
- 2 Degree Target to support the Paris Agreement
- Strategizing financial instruments or initiatives to reinforce energy and social projects, helping the vulnerable in the effects of climate change
- Help poor countries by securing their farming products
4.00 – 4.30 PM
Session Seven: Design for Sustainability
Shaping The Future Of Cities
Analysis of how innovations in design, engineering and technology are improving the built environment.
- How prepared is a city to bounce back from challenges?
- Designing for carbon reduction: Operational energy, resource management system, natural greenery
- Striving to be net zero energy
- Integrating smart technologies and smart systems
Closing and Networking Tea
25 May 2019, Saturday Day 2 Workshop
9.00 AM – 4.00 PM