Our People, Our Index Creative Village
Index Creative Village
Index has developed a culture that encourages staff to always be eager to learn in order to sharpen their knowledge and expertise. The culture not only stimulates a multi-tasking environment, which can significantly reduce the company’s cost of manpower since there’s no need to have a too large number of staff, it also encourages staff to try to reach their optimum efficiency.
INTRODUCTIONIndex Creative Village is an organization with openness to creativity, which enables the company to deliver ingenious products to customers. Coupled with organizational culture, Index’s power of creativity has provided for business expansion, while driving the company forward to achieve its desired target.
FRAMEWORK AND STRATEGYRealizing that human resources are the key driver to success, Index makes continuous investment in its workforce through projects and activities aimed to raise staff potential and quality of work, as detailed below:
- Encouraging participation at individual level: Staff at executive or supervisory level are encouraged to speak their minds, and share their ideas and creativities. Ideas suggested in the meeting will then be jointly analyzed so that the company can come up with the best possible piece of work.
- Encouraging participation at group level: From individual level, Index takes a further step in increasing staff participation at the group level. One example is by placing quotes that fuel staff’s will to work around the company premises.
- Encouraging participation between groups: Index set up a special unit as a center for receiving suggestions and recommendations from employees, called “PO Box for Complaints”. It is intended for receiving not only complaints but also constructive ideas for improvement. It could be anything from work-related maters, colleagues, to infrastructure involving in staff’s daily life. Staff can feel comfortable in expressing their thinking to the PO Box as it can be done anonymously. The approach enables the company to discover true causes of problems which leads to further improvement.
- Encouraging participation between groups to foster innovative ideas: Index has developed several campaigns to stimulate staff creativity. One of them is “Lightning Rod”, a competition of innovative thinking to raise quality of work. Winning ideas from the Lightning Rod campaign will be put into real practice while owners of winning ideas are awarded. As a result of the campaign, a lot of stimulating ideas from various areas of work have been put across, which benefit creativity, diversity, improvement, and particularly cost reduction while the overall efficiency is enhanced.
- Knowledge enrichment: Index believes that creativity can be applied anywhere and anytime. Staff are encouraged to develop complex thinking to step ahead of others. They can also expand their horizons through various channels, including training courses and seminars that are applicable for their respective areas of work.
- Open Eyes Project: Realizing the need to enhance staff’s knowledge and experience, Index initiated a project called “Open Eyes”, where staff are taken to study tours both in Thailand and abroad. Each year, Index allocates a certain amount of money, considered an investment budget, for study tours
- Education funding for a master’s degree or a certificate in business: Index understands that education is the foundation of career growth, professionalism, and a secure life. Higher level of education can not only benefit the development of the organization but can make staff and the organization move forward together.
ACHIEVEMENT AND IMPACTInvestment in human resources is intended for developing staff and making optimum use of one’s competence. The company’s careful attention to staff’s well-being through continuous creative activities and campaigns will motivate staff to work towards the company’s desired direction and policy. Business development and human resource development will move forward powerfully in parallel. Index has developed a culture that encourages staff to always be eager to learn in order to sharpen their knowledge and expertise. Index staff are mostly well-versed and able to go further than what they are tasked with. The culture not only stimulates a multi-tasking environment, which can significantly reduce the company’s cost of manpower, it also encourages staff to try to reach their optimum efficiency.
FUTURE DIRECTIONThe prime reason that makes Index realize the need to continuously run the mentioned activities and campaigns is that the company business is not limited within the boundary of Thailand anymore. We have now made our presence in Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Indonesia. This indicates that the company has to have a clear plan on human resources since more and more staff have been sent abroad. A big challenge exists in how to motivate staff to take up new opportunities which they may not be familiar with. Notably, those opportunities may arise with a lot of obstacles entailed. It is the company’s job to adjust staff’s attitude, making them grab those opportunities with willingness and eagerness. Development of human resources must, therefore, be carried out continuously to ensure highest sustainability and practicability.
Index Creative Village is the conglomerate group of Creative Business Leaders in Thailand. The agency receives accoladein 7th Agency in World class ranking from Special Events Magazine U.S.A. Connecting over 15 Creative Hubs throughout the world and spreading the wing to ASEAN.