Shashank Joshi has over 23 years of experience in the areas of IT and ITES, Outsourcing, Transition and Management consulting. He has been a pioneer in the successful execution of Merchant Cash Advance and Merchant Processing businesses through the offshore route. Shashank began his career in 1992 with the computer software and hardware business and set up India’s first computer retail outlet in 1994 with accreditation from Intel, Microsoft, HP & others. During 1997-99, Shashank worked closely with Dr Vijay Bhatkar (of C-DAC) for the deployment of ETH (Dishnet DSL). Since 2000, he has been involved with IT enabled services viz medical transcription, international & domestic call centre and outsourced accounting.
Shashank has cross-border global experience of more than 9 years in “Simplifying Payments”. His vision is to “Simplify Payments” and his goal is to bring the convenience of “Simplified Mobile Payments” to every mobile subscriber in India. Shashank holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from MIT, Pune. He also has been a motivational trainer and has addressed public seminars with over 700 people in attendance. Before My Mobile Payments Ltd, Shashank was the Managing Director at Prospectbase IT Services Pvt Ltd, Prospectbase Inc and Pbpayments Inc with offices in UK & USA (Los Angeles, California). Prospectbase was one of the top performing ISO for First American Payments System since its inception. Also, AdvanceMe INC., a project that Shashank was closely associated with, was the leading provider of unsecured cash advances to many Brick and Mortar Merchants in the USA.
Shashank is trained in hypnotherapy and is a graphology expert. He has conducted handwriting analysis of prisoners under section 302 at Yerawada Jail, Pune. Shashank also had the privilege of being one of the young CEOs invited to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Hon Prime Minister Narendra Modi in May 2014.
Shashank has been invited by various reputed organizations as a subject matter expert and keynote speaker on topics such as digital payments, financial inclusion, banking solutions and mobile application.
Shashank as a Key Speaker:
• 9th India Digital Summit, 14 Jan 2015 – “Mobile Wallet Adoption: How it could transform the Retail Scenario in India?”;
• Mobile Wallet India Summit 2014, Lalit, Mumbai, 12 Nov 2014 – “Accelerate Plans and Strategies to Successfully Deploy Mobile Payments in India”;
• Franchise India 2014 Entrepreneurship Summit, 12 Oct 2014: “Using technology to improve productivity & reducing cost in business”;
• eTailing India Conclave, New Delhi on 26 Sept, 2014;
• Digital Money 2014’ on Financial Inclusion and Digital Payments, 10 Sept 2014, ITC Grand Central, Mumbai – “Remittances- A Bright Outlook”;
• 2nd edition of eTailing India Conclave, Chennai, 7 Aug 2014;
• eTailing India, Bengluru, 6 June 2014, Bangalore – “m-commerce as the future of retail”;
• India Internet Day 2014, 4 Apr 2014 at Leela Ambience Gurgaon;
• Mobile Application Conference, 4 May 2013, New Delhi – “Mobile Applications Explode. Who wins and who loses?”;
• eTailing India Mumbai Expo 2014, 27, 28 Feb & 1 Mar 2014: “Payment Solutions for Retail & eCommerce”;
• SiliconIndia Startup city, 20 Oct 2012, Mumbai – “Concept to Success: Milestones for Startups”; and
• Techcircle Mobile Entrepreneurship Forum – Session III: Mobile Payments, 28 Jun 2012, at The Grand, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
Conferences Attended by Shashank:
• Money 20/20 in Las Vegas, USA, 2 – 6 Nov 2014; – IFC’s Second Annual Fintech CEO Summit, 31 Oct 2014 – Washington DC;
• Global Advanced Management Programme 2014 – Silicon Valley, California, USA, 6 – 12 Jul 2014;
• Mobile Innovation Conference, 8 Aug 2012, Mumbai – ‘Internet, Applications and Beyond… 25 steps towards the success’; • Mobile Payments & NFC World Summit, 19-20 Apr 2012, Hong Kong;
• (Indian Ocean/South Asia) Mobile Payments & Banking Summit – Colombo, Sri Lanka, 31 Jan – 1 Feb 2012; and
• IAMAI – 4th Financial Inclusion & Digital Payment Conference, 13 – 14 Sept 2011, Mumbai.
Shashank is an honourable member of:
• The Indian Merchants Chamber; and
• The Lions Club International.
Awards won by My Mobile Payments Limited:
• MMPL won the ‘Technoviti’ Award for ‘Mobile Money’ at the 4th International IBEX India exhibition at BKC Bandra, Mumbai, 16 Jan 2015;
• MMPL won the ‘Best Mobile Wallet’ award at Emerging Prepaid Awards, Global show in London, Oct 2014;
• India Retail Award 2014 – Category: Best Ecommerce Payment Innovation;
• Franchise India Award – 2014 Entrepreneur India – Category: Entrepreneur of the year in service business – Money Services;
• FIPS (Financial Inclusion & Payment Systems) 19 Sept 2014 Category: Mobile Payments Solution of the Year;
• IMC IT Awards 2013, 30 Jan 2014 – Category: Excellence in IT Services Large Enterprise;
• Aegis Graham Bell Award 2013 – Category: Innovation in m-Money;
• FIPS (Financial Inclusion & Payment Systems) Award 2013 – Category – Best Alternative Payments project through Mobile wallet; and
• Innovative 100 Award 2013 – Category: Smart Innovation.
Awards won by Prospectbase:
• First American Payment Systems -’Pinnacle Award 2008’ honouring Prospectbase; and
• ‘Reaching the Pinnacle’ Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement 2007.